Thursday, November 09, 2006

Should be writing a paper

Law school did me no favors in failing to punish me for my habitual procrastination, so I've found myself more often than not pulling late nighters every time I have a paper due in my courses here at Michigan. Of course, my continued failed resistance to the lure of the 'net doesn't help things either. So, I have to make this appearance brief, but I realized it's been a bit of time since I last posted. So:

1. Check out LibraryThing. I'm writing about it for my "Social Systems & Collections" course paper and have found it to be an interesting, even fun, concept. Look for a LibraryThing button to appear around here before too long.

2. Proposal 2. I really want to write something about Proposal 2, but considering the gravity of the subject, it'll probably wait until I've better collected my thoughts. In fact I want to write something about all of the recently voted-on proposals. But, being a student at Michigan, I've seen the center of the storm around 2.

3. No word on who's going to take John L's place on the sideline. There's lots of talk about Mooch and I've even heard mention of Michigan's defensive coordinator. I can't say either would dissapoint me. As my Dad and I discusses, after four years of a high flying, electric spread offense, perhaps it's time for State to return to a more traditional balanced attack. Caulcrick would make for perhaps the most talented carrying fullback in the league, and with him as a blocker, Ringer, Jimmerson or Khan would be outright deadly. If Hoyer was only a bit more mobile and our offensive line stronger, I might actually find myself advocating an occasional triple option offense! :o

On a related note, Izzo's comments about the role he should have taken in fostering John L's acclimation to State are interesting. I've long advocated that Smith just wasn't getting the support from the school that he needed, with the institution seemingly just assuming that he could fix a bad situation all by himself. I hope that whoever the new guy is, Izzo and the rest of the fixture coaches are there to offer some advice and friendly encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment