Tuesday, August 11, 2009

GenCon!

With only 6 hours of work left, tomorrow's departure for my annual gaming retreat is looming large enough that concentrating on finishing this quarterly report is becoming increasingly difficult. But finish it I must in order to depart, stress-free, for 4 days of self-indulgent gaming.

It's been a bit since my last post, but in that time I have been busy. Besides mini-vacations and a generally hectic summer, I've gotten my first real game of Warhammer in (orcs vs. orcs in which my greenskins walked away triumphant) and actually done some painting! In fact, by the time I leave for GenCon tomorrow, I should have my first completed figure of the year to represent in the tally over in the right column. It's a Wyrd figure, but because I'm entering it in the painting competition, I'm going to hold off posting the completed pictures until after I get back.

Of course the figure isn't finished yet and I leave tomorrow morning, but having to pull an all-night painting session to complete a GenCon painting competition entry is pretty much par for the course for me. With any luck, I'll finish most of her base on my lunch break, leaving a bit less for me to accomplish in my marathon tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment