Sunday, January 15, 2012

Damned Bases

Well, City of the Damned to be specific.  I put these 5 bases together the other night for use with my elven warband for the Mordheim campaign that just kicked off in my gaming group last week.

While I had originally planned on basing my figures on the same basic, but easy to replicate, basing scheme as I intend to use with my future Warhammer High Elf force, two things prompted me to put together these much better looking, and much more thematic, bases.  First, the prospect of having to paint a massive number of figures someday, and the fact that I'm still not particularly enamored with Warhammer, means there's no guarantee that I'll ever be putting together that High Elf army.  So, constraining myself now to a style that might never actually use seems foolish.  Second, and more compelling, is the fact that I think round bases are more aesthetically pleasing, especially for skirmish games, and I was also greatly influenced by the basing work done by my fellow gamer, LordFishBane.  So with a bit of plasticard, some texture paste, a mix of various ballast and cork rubble, and a splintered popsicle stick, this is what I ended up with.  Painted pictures hopefully by tomorrow or Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Simple and good looking. Inspiring.
    (from another round-bases lover) ;)

    ReplyDelete