Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Quick Update

I've been a bit out the loop over the last month due to the arrival of my first bouncing bundle of joy.  While struggling to find time to sleep I was completely unsuccessful in finding time at the painting desk.  She's starting to settle into something that remotely resembles a schedule though, so I hope to pick up the paint brushes again shortly.  It won't be a moment too soon either, as GenCon, and my annual attempt to get something painted for the painting competition, will quickly be upon us.  Given my success in the Wyrd manufacturer competition last year, I feel I'm even more compelled to finish something in time this year, and try to defend my title.

So in an effort to enable me reaching this goal, I've created a much more manageable painting queue for myself for the rest of the summer.  Having futzed around with the Steamborg Executioner long enough that he's now effectively half-painted, I'm going to quickly knock him out to a completed stage.  This shouldn't be more than a night's worth of work.  Next I'll work on Johan and Misaki, both also Malifaux figs, as my entrants in a personal painting challenge thrown down by one of my local gaming buddies.  Johan is due at the end of June, so the clock is ticking, but Misaki isn't due until the end of July.

However, I'll need time in July to finish my pair of GenCon competition entries as well.  One will be for the Malifaux single figure category, to see if I can place again this year.  The second will be a bit of a departure for me as I'll be working on an entry for Privateer Press' Grandmaster painting competition.  I've always loved most of the Warmachine and Hordes models, even if the same cannot be said for the rules, so I'm looking forward to working on this piece.  The plan is to pick up on an idea for a vignette that I had prior to last year's GenCon that, after quickly running into a painting block, I didn't finish.

Finally, speaking of GenCon, I was thrilled to see the news that Catalyst Games finally has copies of their much anticipated Leviathans on the way from their overseas manufacturers and they should have some copies available at the convention.  I've been looking forward to this game for several years now and so cannot adequately express how I enthused I am know that it's finally going to be able to hit my tabletop!

No comments:

Post a Comment