Tuesday, November 08, 2005

With a hearty sigh of relief

Yesterday I received the fantastic news that I had passed the Michigan bar. While prepping for the exam, and the exam itself, were nerve-wracking affairs, the wait for the results was apparently far more stressful on my psyche. I say "apparently" as it was my parents who noted that I had become a bit tightly wound and borderline unpleasant to be around in the past few months.

Needless to say, I'm greatly relieved, and am sure that I'll be in a far better mood for at least a few days now. :)

Unfortunately, passing the bar alone doesn't guarantee you a job. Despite the popular misconceptions, a JD and a license to practice are not the golden keys to high society. So, after a few days of celebratory lounging around, I'll be hitting the pavement (real as well as electronic) looking to drum up some openings. Though I'm currently in Grand Rapids, I'd really like to get back home to Detroit, so will no doubt be starting my search there.

Next post, I'll hopefully have some more good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment