Friday, December 02, 2005

Now, for something geeky

Hmm, nearly a month since my last post, and little to show of it. As I have a difficult time accepting that personal injury might be my ticket into the legal profession, I've got nothing to show for my job searches.

My digital avatar has been far more successful however, having recently attained 15th level. Yes, that's right, try as I might to fight the urge, I have gotten into WoW. Though I had dinked around with it on a friend's computer a year ago, full immersion has prompted the realization that, outside of Halo, this has been the most addicting gaming experience I've so far encountered. Though, as my Dad likes to point out everytime he walks past the screen, the game seems to entail an extraordinary amount of just running around the wilderness, the open nature of the world and its sheer expansiveness makes exploration far more appealing to me than embarking on any of the quests. I've lost count of the number of deaths I've suffered due to my character falling off the side of a cliff he was never supposed to find himself on or from drowning after exhaustion provides an abrupt end to my attempt to swim across the ocean.

In other geeky news, my post-graduation freedom to dig through my gaming collection, as well as a recent game of Warmachine at a friend's house, have sparked a renewed interest for me in miniatures gaming. Having been out of the hobby for my three years of law school, I had grown relatively disinterested in it and even considered purging my collection entirely. Instead, I find myself the proud owner of a mint-in-box Epic Space Marine Legion picked up on Ebay with a partially assembled Balrog and some primed warjacks on my desk. Yes, gaming's siren call has ensnared me again.

To that end, I hope to track some of my work via posts to this blog - both to generate content for this blog, as well as to prompt me to actually get some work done. Speaking of which, I've got a Balrog to attend to in the deep mines of my basement.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment