Friday, February 03, 2006

Getting the hang of this

So, after buying two 100w daylight bulbs and a pair of desk lamps, stealing a pillowcase to use as a backdrop, fiddling with my tripod to get the optimal setup and deleting more pictures than I actually kept, I'm able to offer you these pics of my work in progress Jolie. As you can see, she's most of the way done, with her shoes, belt, lacing and misc. doodads hanging off her bum to finish.

Along the way, I've developed a neat little technique. As I've yet to grasp the whole NMM (non-metallic metal) method, I still do most of my metal work with metallic flake paints. However, as I wanted Jolie's colors to pop, I chose to highlight the gold areas with yellow rather than a lighter gold or silver. I'm very pleased with the results, and will be sure to try it out on a larger area.

Hopefully, finished pics will be posted by this weekend. Until then, check out her bum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment