Monday, February 15, 2010

Already Stumbling

So it appears that my big plan for getting on some sort of painting kick has already been foiled. Despite engaging in all of the necessary preparatory steps, including braving the cold to do some priming, I'm not going to be able to even make round 1 of the Lead Painter's League. My inability to recognize conflicting plans meant I forgot that I was going to be gone the rest of this week on a trip to NYC. So that means 5 fewer painting days, which I desperately needed.

What makes this an even greater bummer is that this season of the LPL has been subjected to a new rule forbidding entrants to join in later rounds. Unlike year's past, unless you can make the first round, you can't participate. Hopefully I can use the ongoing LPL as a backdrop for my own painting, and thereby stay motivated, but we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment