Thursday, February 04, 2010

Res on Res

Played a 35 soulstone game of Malifaux last night, for my third total game and third total loss. I'm recognizing a trend here. The conflict featured Seamus (me) against McMourning. Making use of some of my newly acquired figures (notice the significant uptick in "models purchased") I fielded the following:

  • Seamus
  • Copycat Killer
  • Mortimer
  • 2 Rotten Belles
  • Zombie Punk Samurai
  • 3 Canine Remains
That's only a total of 28 soulstones spent, leaving me with a hefty seven to add to Seamus' cache of two. In my prior two games I've seemed to cycle through my soulstones quickly, and in batches, so having a healthy reserve available to me seemed like the best idea. Although I could have afforded another model or two with those extra points, I'm still not convinced that my plan wasn't a sound one.

I flipped an Annihilation mission while my opponent had recon. Schemes were the Resurrectionist one for me vs. "An Eye for an Eye" for him. Ultimately the game was a draw, ending after the sixth turn in a 0vp to 0vp tie. But it really wasn't much of a tie with only a wounded Belle, nearly dead Seamus, and the Copycat Killer left in my force, against a wounded Necropunk, a healthy Sebastian and Convict Gunslinger, a wounded McMourning, and a freshly summoned Flesh Construct. I realize it's only my third game, and both my opponent and most of this gaming group are veterans of synergistic games like Warmachine, but I just don't seem to be catching on to this style of miniature gaming. Fortunately I like the models and setting enough that I haven't just packed it in yet. But, of course, I am only three games in . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment