Monday, September 10, 2012

"Super J!" - Charity Fundraiser Miniature

Not painted by me


While perusing the Lead Adventure Forum recently, I encountered a post from a father recounting his son, Jason's, battle with an uncurable degenerative disease, Friedrich's Ataxia, and his desire to support the Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance through the sale of a specially commissioned miniature done in Jason's likeness.  I've purchased a few other charity miniatures before, but as a recent father, and a member of a family for which a rare neurological genetic disorder has reared its ugly head a few times, I was especially moved by this little guy and snapped one up as soon as they became available again.

You can read all about Jason, his personal battle, and the charity this great figure will benefit on the Lead Adventure Forum here.

You can pick up your own copy of this pint-sized hero, which I highly recommend, for only $10, including S&S, from eBay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment