Friday, August 31, 2012

So much for equilibrium

With the release of the new 40K boxed set, as well as picking up an extra set of the bikes from a friend, my total number of new miniatures obtained this year has now skyrocketed to a level that painting an equivalent number of figures is all but impossible.

Prior to these purchases, with a pile of 15mm WWII Germans and a dozen Steampunk Arachnids to paint, reaching equilibrium was still an attainable goal.  And though I had been certain of my ability to resist yet another 40K starter set, once I saw how spectacular the models looked my resolve wavered.  When I became nostalgic of my very first 40K army, Dark Angels, and the only 40K army I ever completely painted, Ravenwing, I was completely lost.

Of course I'm still committed to the painting queue listed to the right, so these figures are likely to sit around untouched until after the first of the year.  But nostalgia, limited edition, and a seeming great deal is the perfect recipe for prompting irrational purchases.

1 comment:

  1. you will paint.....oh yes....you will paint......40k DA models!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete