Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Coming Soon to a Blog Near You!


So, after a day of reflection, I've decided that assembly lining 13 figures might not be the best way to ease myself out of display painting and into army painting. Thus, I've decided to instead work on a unit of four Karnophages - depraved mutations of human beings that stem from the same storyline as the previously mentioned Bauhaus Hussars. That beauty to the left is an example of one. :)

These guys are something of a mainstay of the whole Warzone mythos, and as such, I had painted a unit of six of them (seen below) way back in the day. My painting style has changed much since then and my skill has vastly improved. Thus, even though I intend to speed my way through these guys, I hope for a far better result.

Never content to leave my toys the way the manufacturer intended them, I've since bent arms in much the say way I had my original figures in order to ward off my most hated of miniature flaws - repetitive poses. Unfortunately, it appears that Excelsior made use of a cheaper, far more brittle alloy than Heartbreaker, and all of my reposing efforts have instead left me with broken limbs. A bit of pinning and resculpting shouldn't take more than an hour or two though, so I'll hopefully have first stage work in progress pics up by the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment