Monday, February 27, 2012

Soulstone Miner

While getting my Iron Painter entry moving along, I also managed to knock out the next member of the Ramos crew for Malifaux. This is the Soulstone Miner, a handy addition to any of those soulstone-hungry Arcanist crews out there.

While a pretty simple sculpt that went together quickly, some slight miscasting left a few of the many rivet holes on the body of the model either partially filled or non-existent. Armed with my trusty pin vice drill, I re-drilled any of the miscast holes, and then used the same bit on all of the rest of the holes to ensure they were of a standard size. Though tedious and probably overly anal-retentive, I like to think it was worth it.

The paint job was pretty quick using most of the same techniques as with the Brass Arachnid - basecoat of Vallejo "Tinny Tin," washes of Devlan Mud and Badab Black, highlights of Vallejo "Brassy Brass" and Reaper "Honed Steel," and a final spot wash with Secret Weapon "Storm Cloud" to add that patina effect. The eventual owner of these figures expressed his satisfaction with the results on the Brass Arachnid, so I felt there was little reason to change up the method here. Plus, I figure that Ramos is far more a function over form kind of guy, so a utilitarian appearance is probably totally appropriate.


No comments:

Post a Comment